Category Archives: Fellowship and Award Opportunities
Call for film entries for the “Development & Climate Days 2011 Film Competition”, UN Climate Change Conference
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is pleased to launch its 4th Development and Climate International Film Competition. It will be showcased at the D&C conference at COP17 in Durban, South Africa, 4th December 2011.
This year’s theme is resilience to climate change. We are looking for new films that find innovative and compelling answers to the question: What is climate change resilience?
You can submit films on any aspect of climate change resilience, resilience building or resilience in action. Animations and audio slideshows are welcome too!
This is an excellent opportunity to gain global exposure to practitioners and agencies working in the field, and recognition for your work.
Selected entries will be screened in Durban, chosen by a panel of high level international judges, including Dr Hannah Reid (IIED Community-Based Adaptation specialist), Jorisna Bonthuys (Die Burger newspaper and WWF, South Africa), Fayyaz Ahmad Khan (producer, ‘Bol’, Pakistan), Franny Armstrong (director, ‘The Age of Stupid’, UK) and Laurie Goering, editor of AlertNet.
Selected entries will be screened in Durban, chosen by a panel of high level international judges* and viewer votes.
The winner will receive a Panasonic Lumix GH2 Digital Camera and a Rode Videomic Video Microphone.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Sunday October 23rd, midnight GMT.
- All videos should be up to a maximum of 5 minutes in length.
- The competition is open to individuals and groups, professional or amateur
- Films must be free of copyright material, including the soundtrack and background music
- If a film is not in English, English subtitles must be used
- Films must be the original creation of the entrant
- When submitting a film, the entrant attests that the film has not been previously published
- All entries must have obtained any necessary third-party permissions and releases
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their film complies with the legal and copyright laws of their country.
- Films must be in the h.264 codec and/or compatible with Vimeo uploading criteria
- films must not be less than 640×480 for 4:3 SD video or 640×360 for 16:9 SD video or 1280×720 or 1920×1080 for 16:9 HD video
- pixel format, where selectable, should be set to square pixels (1:1)
- film file size should not exceed 100MB.
Submitting your film:
Please email your film to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short-listed entries may be asked to submit versions in broadcast quality.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Call for Applications for a Fellowship to Attend the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Durban, South Africa
Panos Caribbean is currently accepting applications for a fellowship to attend the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Durban, South Africa. The conference will be held from November 28 – December 9, 2011.
Under the Voices for Climate Change Education project being implemented by Panos Caribbean and the National Environmental Education Committee (NEEC), there is a grant to cover the cost of travel of one or possibly two participants to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in Durban, South Africa.